The Battlesnake community provides a selection of basic Starter Snake projects to get you started quickly.
Official Starter Snakes
These Starter Snake projects are built and maintained by the Battlesnake team. We do our best to keep these functional and up to date with the latest game features and API changes.
Community Starter Snakes
Want to submit your Starter Snake project? Wonderful! You can submit a pull request or create an issue and we’ll take a look. Community created Starter Snakes must contain the following before being listed:
- Contain just enough code to run a basic snake server and nothing more.
- Return hardcoded responses back to the game engine.
- Be well documented for developers wanting to use it.
- Provide simple, extensible unit tests.
- Ideally involve a single file of source code.