Our goal is to create an inclusive, respectful environment that welcomes participation from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientations. The Battlesnake community is based on mutual respect, tolerance, and encouragement, and we are working to help each other live up to these principles. We want our community to be more diverse: whoever you are, and whatever your background, we welcome you.
We're actively seeking to increase the diversity of our users, event attendees, and sponsors. This is and will continue to be an ongoing process.
Ways you can help us build a more diverse community:
- Share Battlesnake with your community, with the message that we welcome all people to join us.
- Use inclusive language including gender-neutral pronouns, people-first language, and avoid terms based in systems of discrimination (racism, sexism, and ableism).
- Organize Battlesnake meetups and events for your communities and let us know - we want to help!
- Report all breaches of our Code of Conduct to us via email, Discord, or in person to any Battlesnake volunteer.
- Suggest ways that Battlesnake can be more welcoming, supportive, and free from intimidation and marginalization to you and your communities.
Credit for the original version of this statement goes to O'Reilly Media. Thank you to Pycon for helping us to strengthen our message about the importance of diversity.